Tuesday 24 August 2010

Tuesday's Thoughts

On Sunday evening Helen and Ian came to The Willows and on Monday they took me to Chester Zoo before bringing me down to Exeter to stay.


Ian had hoped to see the new Giant Otters at Chester Zoo but they proved somewhat shy and elusive. Fortunately the Orangutans provided him with a welcome distraction.



Helen and I were pleased to photograph some new butterflies and reptiles.


It rained most of the time we were there but cleared up for much of the journey. We were delayed by a crash on the Northbound carriageway which had spilled over onto the Southbound but those who were travelling North faced hours of delay as the motorway was closed. Signs suggesting more long delays ahead resulted in Ian taking to the A roads through Wolverhampton which gave me my first ever sighting of the Wolverhampton Wanderers' ground.


Back on the M5 we stopped for a brief break, parking next to a very sexy beast (allegedly).


My Exeter experiences will now be continued on my Exeter blog which is being resurrected for the next couple of weeks.

1 comment:

  1. That chap's ginger beard in the first photo is quite something!

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive