Monday 16 August 2010

Happy Monday - Time for that old person's home?

During a visit to my doctor, I asked him, "How do you determine whether or not an older person should be put in an old age home?"

"Well," he said, "we fill up a bathtub, then we offer a teaspoon, a teacup and a bucket to the person to empty the bathtub."

"Oh, I understand," I said. "A normal person would use the bucket because it is bigger than the spoon or the teacup."


"No" he said. "A normal person would pull the plug. Do you want a bed near the window?"

5 comments:

  1. I guess I'm ready for one of the beds. Shhh! Don't tell my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to nick this and post it (of course with due credit) at one of the forums I moderate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good chuckle to start the week. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don, you think you are ready for a bed there! I've read that several times before and I still didn't remember the punchline.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH DEAR! LOL that is good, real good!

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive