Thursday 11 June 2009

Sunshine in the Garden of Eden.

Oh, what a beautiful morning.
Oh ,what a beautiful day.
I gotta beautiful feeling,
Everything's going my way.



As I mentioned GB took me over to Gisla in Uig on Tuesday. The weather was good, the company was excellent and Carol and Jenny's garden an absolute treasure. Bearing in mind the fact that trees are not exactly plentiful on the island, the garden is an oasis in the middle of the usual Lewis scenery.


Regrettably every Garden of Eden has its snake. In their case it is the sound and dust of road rollers and the like as the road outside is being widened - a process that has been going on for over twelve months.



Another snake in the grass is the wind which brought down a number of trees a couple of years ago - the night that GB's conservatory disappeared.









The lichens on the trees are fantastic and I shall do a separate blog posting about them.


 

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place. I can see why you call it a Garden of Eden. Such wonderful photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos! Looks like a lovely time, as well.
    :^)
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos. Of course, now I've got that song stuck in my head! I love Rodgers and Hammerstein.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What plant is that in the seventh picture? It looks like it could be some sort of wheat/grain, except that the "grains" also look like small leaves.

    The garden of Eden? I should believe so. How beautiful and clear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great name 'Gisla in Uig '! Kind of a rolling off tongue sort of thing.
    Shame about the road-building spoiling the otherwise lovely spot. I am fascinated with the last photo, what a strange and beautiful piece of nature is that. I look forward to more posts and photo's of the lichen.
    Love Granny

    ReplyDelete
  6. The seventh picture, Archduchess, is the head of a grass in the Briza genus but I'm not sure which one. It is beautiful, isn't it. It was grasses like that which inspired me to make a grass garden last year but it's busy growing at home in Pensby and I haven't been there since April. Hope it's doing as well as this one.

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive