Monday 1 June 2009

Dunblane to Dunkeld

The fastest way to get from Dunblane to Dunkeld in Perthshire, Scotland, is along the A9. The distance is 38.8 miles and the time about 50 minutes. It is 0.4 miles shorter to go along the A822 through Muthill, Braco and Crieff but takes an extra 11 minutes. Few eleven minutes are better spent. The A822 is a most wonderful road and a more attractive hour's travelling it would be hard to find. Here are no great mountains, no magnificent lakes, no sea views or deep woodlands. But the open vistas of the rolling countryside on a sunny early evening are beyond words.
I took about fifty photos out of the car window as GB drove along and another four when we stopped briefly in Glen Almond. Discarding 18 as of too poor a quality I was left with 36 photos from which I chose the following in the hope of showing you what people miss if they zoom up the A9.
















 

6 comments:

  1. Such beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous shots! I love the beautiful colors you were able to capture. I can't believe how green it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... that's why someone wrote the song 'Oh ye'll take the high road and I'll take the low road, An' I'll be in Scotland afore ye' (excuse attempt at the brogue)
    Lovely route, and as you say worth the extra effort and time.
    Love Granny

    ReplyDelete
  4. To see what you can see...is a precious blessing to me!!

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE THE COUNTRY SIDE, I will some day come to visit your beautiful country! and the sunsets posted before, were amazing once again! thank you for the beautiful views!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda, I hope you do get the chance to visit some day. There is so much to see both in the countryside and architecture - but I guess that's true of every country. We sure have a beautiful world.

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive