Tuesday 28 April 2009

Living with things

It’s funny how you learn to live with things. When we moved into our house, nearly five years ago, two of the things I was anxious to get sorted were the leaking gutters and the leaking conservatory roof.


These remain two of the things I am anxious to get sorted - but sorted they have not got! We have to make sure that no plant pots sit directly beneath the main gutter leaks or their soil gets washed out. And when it rains we have a plastic box that lives in the middle of the conservatory and which we have to navigate around as we sit down.

I wonder if they will ever get done. After all, when I win the lottery we will probably move house...

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. There are things in this house that need fixing - yet, until someone points them out to me, I hardly notice them at all.

    It's probably just as well. If I focused on all the things that are broken, I would lose my mind. Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive