Thursday 27 November 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

To my readers across the pond – Happy Thanksgiving.

That is unless you are in the northern part of North America since I understand the Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving on the second Monday in October which I missed. I didn’t miss the second Monday in October, I just missed wishing Canadians a Happy Thanksgiving...


Photojojo says Thanksgiving is their favourite holiday “because it involves: Hanging out with people you like, eating yourself stupid, and falling asleep on the couch in the middle of the afternoon.” (Sounds like our Christmas without the silly hats).

"Some friends of ours host Thanksgiving for all their pals who aren’t going home for the holiday. When they sit down to eat, instead of saying grace, everyone at the table says one thing they’re thankful for. Now that’s a tradition we can get behind. We don’t usually think about the things we’re grateful for, but today’s a good day to start.” Being a photographic site, Photojojo suggests "This week, take some pictures of the things that make you thankful".

I shall try that... Anyone got a Lottery win they can lend me. No seriously, here are a couple of mine.


A computer to communicate with the people I love, light in the darkness and the eyes to see it all by...


Latte and a toasted teacake in Linghams bookshop;


and Pensby Library with a whole lorra books....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive