Wednesday 17 September 2008

Spraying those Cabbages

I should have mentioned in my earlier blog posting about Cabbage Whites - see below - that if you are spraying plants with water ior a solution of any sort you should do so in the evening or on a cloudy day. If you spray in sunshine there is potential for burning the leaves. The plants should be thoroughly soaked in the spray - both upper and undersides of the leaves.

An equally simple spray for ridding plants of aphids is to add a tablespoon of natural liquid dishwashing soap (such as Biokleen) to 4 pints of water and using a pump-type sprayer. Personally I prefer to leave the aphids and let ladybirds eat their fill but I'm not in the business of growing prize-winning roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive