Monday 22 September 2008

Happy Birthday, Shèlah,


As I mentioned below one of the first things I do in the morning – assuming I’m well and not too busy – is check Google Calendar. What I fail to do most of the time is check next week’s calendar. That is one of the effects of being retired from the real world. Mondays therefore tend to take me by surprise.


So when I switched on this morning I found that I had failed to send a birthday card to Shèlah. I need a PA – which is precisely what Shèlah was in days gone by, my PA. Deservedly, she has since moved onwards and upwards and is now in senior management. She has also been a really good friend over the years and I’m fortunate that she will have taken my grovellingly apologetic e-mail at face value and accept that she is sent Lots of Love and Best wishes for Many Happy Returns of the Day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive