Friday 4 July 2008

WILD CHINA

GB and I hardly saw any television during the five weeks I stayed with him. One programme we did watch was the series “Wild China” on BBC2. It was a brilliant combination of looking at the scenery, the wildlife and the local people. I usually watch television and do something else at the same time – looking up when there sounds to be something of interest. In this case I couldn’t look away – it was just too good to miss.
The narrator was Bernard Hill. He didn’t impose his own personality on the program but had just the right voice and intonation to make the commentary first class. all in all it was one of the best wildlife programs I have ever seen. If you missed it and it is repeated please take a look.



There is a BBC DVD but I don’t know how comprehensive it is – the series was six hour long programmes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive