Friday 18 July 2008

CLOUDS



I recall from my earliest days of trying to paint with watercolours that my Mum used to say how difficult she found painting clouds. It seems strange that something that is so variable should be so hard to paint. You would think it would look realistic however it came out simply because the real thing is so variable. In practice we have our own image of what clouds should look like and although we can accept that they do vary enormously we expect anyone painting them to produce a few fluffy white cumulus and leave it at that. Ironically, fluffy white cumulus are, as my Mum pointed out, hard to paint. So I’m back where I started!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive