Sunday 27 July 2008

Christian site's ban on the G word..

A “Christian” site's ban on the G word has sent Homosexual to the Olympics. Bigotry breeds hilarity. That's a turn-up for the books. I can usually find nothing funny at all about rabid, judgmental, right-wing, born-again, regressionist fundamentalist Christians - but when their tiny-minded view of the world spits back at them, well, I get a giggle. Here, their censorship software automatically changes "gay" to "homosexual" - and, out of an AP report, gives us a brand new Olympic athlete. We're all laughing. I am not sure about Tyson Gay.

Here's an extract of their mangled report:



Tyson Homosexual was a blur in blue, sprinting 100 meters faster than anyone ever has.

His time of 9.68 seconds at the U.S. Olympic trials Sunday doesn't count as a world record, because it was run with the help of a too-strong tailwind. Here's what does matter: Homosexual qualified for his first Summer Games team and served notice he's certainly someone to watch in Beijing.

"It means a lot to me," the 25-year-old Homosexual said. "I'm glad my body could do it, because now I know I have it in me."


(Thanks to Selina’s Stumble Upon for this - the words are all hers but I endorse the sentiments completely. Saline is a 90 year old married woman from Nashua, New Hamsphire, USA & Adelaide, SA, Australia. She describes herself as having " Two lives in two worlds. A lover of people, dogs, pelicans, spiders and truth." She's obviously a bit like GB with his two lives in two places. )
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive