Sunday 25 May 2008

The HEB Magazine and Pictorial



GB got an advance copy of The HEB 2008 (ISSN 1477-1950) from its editor, Fred Silver, the other day and I have just finished reading it. Well worth the £3.95 asking price in my view. It’s a fascinating mixture of articles, ferry timetables, events, adverts, route maps and people news.


I was particularly interested to learn about Aline Forest - the largest community-owned woodland in Scotland - and its boardwalk path around a little loch. I have booked a trip there with GB in the near future so it should get its own blog posting - weather permitting.


Among the other articles I found of particular interest were ones on Stornoway Trust, boat trips to the Shiants, the whaling industry, Mingulay, and Napoleon’s MacDonald.


Good work, everyone at The HEB, keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive