Wednesday 6 February 2008

John Player Specials

 


At college I used to smoke John Player Special cigarettes. It is one of the few cases where I openly admit to having been sold by the advertising. The adverts in this case were on the JPS Lotus car – one of the best ever Formula 1 cars. The car went through various chassis as it evolved throughout the 1970s and some were more attractive than others.


Drivers included Ronnie Peterson, Emerson Fittipaldi, Mario Andretti, Gunnar Nilsson, Nigel Mansell, Ayrton Senna and Elio de Angelis.


John Player Specials have long since ceased to be in the shops but when GB and I were in Stockbridge Village in Edinburgh we went in a delicatessen that had a selection of the old cigarettes you no longer see around. A shame that the packet is now ruined by an anti-smoking advert. (Am I in breach of some law or other just by posting a picture of a cigarette packet, I wonder!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive