Sunday 19 August 2007

Black Holes

Following the cyberspace blog I decided to look up Black Hole to see if there was a synonym. Although I didn’t find one I confirmed that I pretty much knew what one was – “When a very massive star goes supernova, the resulting energy can squeeze the star's mass into a very small but super massive object know as a "black hole". A black hole has so much gravity that not even light can escape from it.” But I realised I had never really understood why light couldn’t escape. The answer is simple. To escape would require a speed greater than that of light, which is not allowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive